Nearby Nibbles: Campus-Close SDRW Picks

Nearby Nibbles: Campus-Close SDRW Picks

Restaurant Week returns to San Diego on January, 17 with 180 participating food joints. Having a hard time choosing? Though quality eateries can be far to seek, we decided to stick to nearby locations and present you with five restaurants you can easily reach by bus.

1. Pacifica Del Mar
Location: 1555 Camino Del Mar
Price: $$$

Maximizing the “beach town”-vibe is Pacifica del Mar’s specialty; one glance out the window allows one to watch the moonlight slide over the ocean’s canvas. With award-winning seafood, this ocean-side restaurant is a short bus ride North — just take Oceanside 101.

— Christian Gerard Gella // Senior Staff Writer

2. Beaumont’s
Location: 5662 La Jolla Boulevard
Price: $$

With live music Sundays, state of the art cocktails, and a flavorful menu, Beaumont’s won’t disappoint those seeking for atmospheric quality. A hidden gem in the Bird Rock seaside community and an award-winning restaurant, Beaumont’s eatery has served locals for years. Home to amiable staff, great food and plentiful parking, Beaumont’s is worthy of your bucket list.

— Ian Le Tran // Contributing Writer

3. Shimbashi Izakaya
Location: 1555 Camino Del Mar
Price: $$$

The creme de la creme of Japanese cuisine in Del Mar, Shimbashi Izakaya, satiates any sushi or sashimi craving with fresh and quality ingredients. Many of their dishes are delightfully authentic with just the perfect amount of gusto, like their Hokkai Roll, ochazuke and thin-sliced seared beef with yuzu ponzu.

Herringbone_JGao
Photo by Jonathan Gao

4. Herringbone
Location: 7837 Herschel Avenue
Price: $$$

Use Restaurant Week as motivation to visit Herringbone, one of La Jolla’s culinary staples. With its truly impressive ethereal interior and “daily happenings,” it is an ideal place to try meat and seafood any time of the day. Just don’t think of the SDRW menu as a discounted offer; you will spend just as much any other week of the year.

— Olga Golubkova // Lifestyle Co-Editor

5. Prepkitchen
Location: 1201 Camino Del Mar
Price: $$

Located near UCSD, Prepkitchen is your sanctuary from Hot Pockets and questionable salad bars. Using a farm-to-table aesthetic, Prepkitchen is a mecca of regional ingredients and organic fare satisfying any locavore craving. Look no further than the truffle mushroom omelette, summer squash chowder or butterscotch pudding to partake in the elevated homestyle cooking you can’t find anywhere on campus.

— Brittney Lu // Lifestyle Co-Editor