SPONSORED: USC Offers New Advanced Degree in Product Innovation

As part of the expansive suite of offerings within the USC Iovine and Young Academy, a new Master of Science in Product Innovation is now available for students interested in pursuing product design for the 21st century. 

The Academy’s revolutionary new degree reimagines the traditional concept of product to include not only physical, but also virtual, multidimensional and cross-platform devices, as well as environments and immersive experiences. Interweaving design, technology, entrepreneurship, and communication, the program will give students a deeper understanding of the entire product ecosystem from a 360-degree perspective. Students interested in product design and innovation will learn how to take ideas from the concept stage all the way through prototyping, funding, manufacturing, marketing, distribution and launch.

The program’s unique cohort model brings together students from diverse backgrounds and areas of practice including design, engineering, computer science, architecture, and visual and interactive media. Students collaborate as multidisciplinary teams to envision and develop original solutions and breakthrough products to make a positive impact on society. In addition to learning collaborative design methodologies, student teams have unique opportunities to work with experts from top-tier companies on real-world challenges.

The Academy’s Master of Science in Product Innovation is a two-year, full-time graduate degree program in which students have the unprecedented ability to tailor their degree path to specific career needs and outcomes. 

Founded in 2013, the USC Jimmy Iovine and Andre Young Academy was born out of a visionary gift from music industry legends and pioneering entrepreneurs Jimmy Iovine and Andre “Dr. Dre” Young. The duo founded the Academy to establish a new school that would nurture critical thinking and unbridled creativity at the intersection of four essential areas: the arts and design; engineering and computer science; business and venture management; and communication. 

While the Master of Science in Product Innovation is a new degree, Academy student innovators are creating global award-winning products and launching product-based companies that have garnered the attention of big tech, investors, and leading publications.

For more information, visit the Academy’s Product Innovation page and attend virtual information sessions throughout November and December. To be considered for admission in the upcoming Fall semester, apply by Jan. 15, 2021.

This sponsored content does not represent the views of The UCSD Guardian editorial board or any staff member and is paid content that serves as an advertisement for the client. To inquire about sponsored article guidelines, email [email protected].