New Vice Chancellor will Arrive on Campus in 2013

As VC-EDI, Greene will be working in partnership with Executive Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs Suresh Subramani, as well as Chancellor Pradeep K. Khosla. UCSD News Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison News reported that Greene will head a university-wide “diversity strategic plan” to promote equal opportunities and inclusiveness in UCSD programs.

Greene will work both within and beyond the campus on these initiatives, partnering with administrators from across the UC system, local and grade school communities, and various other San Diego community members.

As Associate Vice Chancellor from 1999-04 and current law professor at UW-Madison, Greene made great strides in the areas of equity and diversity through diversity initiatives and faculty inclusionary programs.

Greene led strategic hiring techniques at UW-Madison to increase the number of women in science and engineering, introduce new interdisciplinary scholarships and promote the diversification and interdisciplinary hiring of faculty. This method of hiring, called the Cluster Hiring Initiative, increased the number of interdisciplinary hires at UW-Madison to 150 members, according to the UW-Madison Women’s Studies Consortium.

Greene will officially begin her new role as VC-EDI in January 2013, after completing current affairs at UW-Madison.

Judy Piercey, Senior Director of Marketing and Communications at UCSD could not be reach for comment by press time.

$2515
    $5000