UCSD Improves on 2011 Results

On Sept. 2, the Tritons officially opened the season, hosting a three-team meet. Levy led a well paced pack of Tritons, and took the individual victory finishing the four-mile race with a time of 22:19.6.

The remaining 13 Tritons took all but one of the 14 next top finishes.

Earlier, at the UC Irvine Invitational on Sept. 8, the Triton men took second in a field which included a bevy of Division I schools. Levy, with a time of 25:46.9, and the CCAA’s Runner of the Week, placed ninth and cracked the All-Time List at UC San Diego in the 8k. Freshman Scott Acton, who finished second with a time of 21:56.7, has definitely proven himself an asset.

Acton had an impressive run at the Lancer Classic hosted by Cal Baptist on Sept. 22. Acton finished third, leading his team to a well deserved victory over the Lancers.

WOMEN’S CROSS COUNTRY — With 13 underclassmen and two returning All-CCAA runners in junior Chia Chang and sophomore Michelle Le Roux, the UCSD Women’s Cross Country team is undoubtedly talented and developing a sense of depth.

Chang, the returning CCAA Racer of the Year has established herself again as UCSD’s most dominant Women’s Cross Country runner.

In 2011, she was UCSD’s top runner in all six races she competed in, and, again in 2012, she led the Tritons to a second place finish at the UC San Diego opener, falling to Division I San Diego State.

Freshman Carolina Guzman, who finished third behind Chang, has been racing extremely well. The following week at the UC Irvine Invitational, Chang and Guzman had a strong showing against Division I powerhouses University of Arkansas, USC and CSU Long Beach.

After a fortnight’s worth of training and rest, the Tritons came out strong at the Cal Baptist Invitational, just edging out the Lancers for a 35-36 win.

Chang led UCSD for the ninth time, followed by senior Elena Inouye and sophomore All-CCAA selection Michelle LeRoux in fifth and sixth place, respectively. This Saturday, Oct. 6, UCSD will host the annual Triton Classic Invitational. Serving as a preview for this years CCAA race, teams within the conference, as well as multiple Division I programs, will start the race at RIMAC field, and finish at the Triton Track & Field complex.

The men’s 8k race is set to begin at 9 a.m. followed by the Women’s 6k race at 9 a.m.

$2515
    $5000