Conan to come to UCSD

Sixth College’s Tenth Anniversary Committee, composed of seven staff members and two Sixth College students, started planning the celebration event during Fall Quarter and collectively decided on O’Brien to headline the talk. 

“[The committee] wanted a speaker,” Scott said. “So we put feelers out to people, submitted a request to Conan, got a date and decided to go with him.”

Scott said the committee will not disclose any financial details.

According to Scott, Sixth College students will have priority for purchasing tickets to the event. Scott said that certain ticketing days will be limited to Sixth College students only. She added that the committee hopes the event will reach full capacity. RIMAC Arena can hold up to 4,000 guests, and there are approximately 3,500 students enrolled in Sixth College currently, Scott said. 

Remaining tickets will be made available to UCSD students and Sixth College faculty and staff members on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets will be free. 

“His team has been very generous and Conan has been very generous with his time,” Scott said. “We want to pay him back with love.”

The committee sent O’Brien a care package filled with Sixth College T-shirts, sweatshirts and a video of reactions from students. Student committee members are also hosting a “Sixth Loves Conan” contest for Sixth College students to submit artwork, videos or other items as a “thank you” to O’Brien. The contest ends April 16. The winner will receive special seating at the event.

$2515
    $5000