Best Spot For a Cutty Sesh

ON CAMPUS — There are few places at UCSD that come close to rivaling the stoner-revered natural beauty of NorCal. Yet for those Tritonian herbal connoisseurs seeking escape from San Diego’s strip-mall landscape and refuge from the uncomfortably long arm of campus law enforcement, there exist a few beloved locales — the best of which hide within the jagged outcroppings of La Jolla’s distinctive coastline.

Known simply as The Cliffs, the shrubby, wind-shorn bluffs above Black’s Beach have long served as a bastion of chronic expression and natural privacy for generations of UCSD’s most devout smokers. With the cuttiest crannies this side of Santa Cruz and arguably the choicest ocean-view in all of SoCal, this pot-snob paradise invites the intrepid blazer to explore its every nuance in search of a personal smoke spot. Once found, it is only a matter of time before one is enveloped in a smoke-filled, multiple-choice-free sphere, soothed by the quiet roar of the Pacific and brightly-clad paragliders drifting just far enough overhead.

One word of caution: the cliffs are prone to frequent gusts of wind, often rendering even the sickest of pieces absolutely useless, so roll yourself something special before setting out — and don’t forget to pass to the left.

$2515
    $5000