Summer Movie Preview: ""Bratz""

Future sorostitutes and multiracial best-friends-forever Cloe, Yasmin, Jade and Sasha are, like, super excited to be high school girls now and totally can’t wait to experience freshman year together.

Courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox

There’s just one small obstacle in their way: Associated Student Body President Meredith, the blonde bombshell who rules the school with an iron fist. When Meredith throws a bitchfit after the stubborn foursome refuse to abide by her strict lunchtime seating chart (“”Mean Girls,”” anyone?), she decides to sabotage their friendship by coercing representatives of the school’s 48 official cliques to adopt each girl separately.

And it works, too – until a massive inter-group food fight, in which everyone participates, believably lands only the four former friends in detention. It’s there that the girls decide to rekindle their friendship, beginning with a sinister plot to ruin Meredith’s three-year winning streak at the school talent contest (“”Superstar,”” anyone?). The secret ingredient to their scheme? You guessed it: bratitude.

Featuring original music by Avril Lavigne, no original plot lines, absolutely no recognizable actors and directed by Sean McNamara (hint: executive producer of “”That’s So Raven””), “”Bratz”” is guaranteed to be a comedic knockout – for real. The only mistakes McNamara made were forgetting to inject massive amounts of collagen into the girls’ lips, removing their noses and plumping their heads with an air pump to make his big-screen breakthrough a bit more representative of the popular tween-toy slutline of the same name.