Lights and Sirens

Friday, April 20

1:23 a.m.: Suspicious person

Eight males were seen running around in underwear and “”taking something”” from a machine shop near Lot 002.

Saturday, April 21

2:26 p.m.: Vehicle burglary

A black male with cornrows, wearing a red-and-white striped shirt and jeans, was suspected of a vehicle theft in Lot 357. Unable to locate.

10:32 p.m.: Animal call

A resident of an apartment complex on Regents Road called officers when a coyote in the parking lot kept moving toward the building.

Sunday, April 22

8:18 p.m.: Animal call

A seal was believed to be stranded near the Scripps Institution of Oceanography pier. Referred to other agency.

Monday, April 23

11:01 a.m.: Harassing phone call

A female called officers from the Internal Medicine Group Building when she received a phone call from a male threatening to come to her home and kill her. The man said he resides in Mira Mesa and allegedly said he stabbed another woman in the past.

4:36 p.m.: Fire alarm

An alarm went off in the Natural Sciences Building after an employee burned popcorn in the microwave.

4:47 p.m.: Suspicious person

A male in his 20s was seen wearing binoculars and looking in windows near Plaza Cafe.

Tuesday, April 24

7:37 a.m.: Harassing phone call

A student accused Sequoyah Hall employees of falsifying his credits and sent “”angry”” e-mails to officials within the department.

8:35 a.m.: Unknown injury accident

A vehicle collided with a bicyclist on Gilman Drive. Gone on arrival.

11:23 a.m.: Disabled placard misuse

A suspect parked in a handicapped spot in Lot 606 while using the disabled placard of a deceased person. The suspect became uncooperative when asked to show identification. Cited.

1:11 p.m.: Suspicious person

A white male in his 40s, in blue jeans and a straw hat, tried to enter the Medical Teaching Facility when it was on lockdown.

Wednesday, April 25

2:19 a.m.: Suspicious person

Two males and a female in bathing suits attempted to enter Canyonview Pool after hours. Gone on arrival.

7:40 a.m.: Report of burglary

An unknown suspect broke through a window at University Extension Building C and rifled through various drawers.

2:21 p.m.: Harassing phone call

A female reported that she was being harassed via telephone and e-mail by a former UCSD student.

11:53 p.m.: Welfare check

A blond male in his 50s, possibly lost, yelled for help in the Biomedical Library. Unable to locate.

Thursday, April 26

2:03 p.m.: Citizen contact

An employee of Revelle College provost’s office contacted police after a student posted a “”threatening”” blog on the Internet.

6:39 p.m.: Vandalism

Two males, believed to be students, were seen holding several cans of spray paint in the Mandeville courtyard. The reporter did not actually see the students painting anything.