Lights and Sirens

Friday, April 13

11:40 p.m.: Welfare check

People were seen sitting in a tree outside the Tuolumne Apartments. Field interview administered.

Saturday, April 14

12:16 a.m.: Suspicious person

An older white male with a heavy backpack was seen talking loudly to himself outside the Applied Physics and Mathematics building. Field interview administered.

Sunday, April 15

8:52 p.m.: Animal call

A raccoon was seen limping outside the Sixth College Apartments, and was last seen heading toward the freeway.

10:52 p.m.: Welfare check

A woman called officers when she had not heard from her granddaughter for a day. She said she was afraid that the student had been in a car accident. Checks OK.

Monday, April 16

3:22 p.m.: Report of vandalism

The Stonehenge statue on Scholars Drive South was vandalized over the weekend.

10:06 p.m.: Welfare check

A male in his 60s was described as confused at the intersection of Voigt Lane and Campus Point Drive.

Tuesday, April 17

2:18 p.m.: Citizen contact

A female called officers to report harassing e-mails she had been receiving from a member of an anti-gay organization. The man sending the e-mails allegedly also called her supervisor to complain about her.

2:27 p.m.: Citizen contact

An employee of the Rady School of Management asked officers to check up on an applicant who dropped off a “”disturbing”” resume cover letter that contained foul language.

Wednesday, April 18

12:54 p.m.: Stalking

An employee of Sierra Summit called officers to report a 50-year-old white male who had been visiting the restaurant for the last four to five months. The man was said to have shoulder-length blond hair and was believed to have been drinking and/or doing drugs.

1:34 p.m.: Missing person

A blond, white female, described as “”very skinny,”” was reported missing from Africa Hall. She was last seen wearing a white T-shirt, black shorts and gray Nike sneakers.

2:07 p.m.: Hazard situation

Two males were seen doing “”some sort of dance”” with 12- to 15-inch swords in the amphitheater area near Canyon Vista. The reporter said they did not appear to be trying to hurt each other, but was worried it might happen accidentally.

Thursday, April 19

9:18 a.m.: Vehicle disturbance

A woman advised that a male in his 20s, wearing a blue T-shirt and jeans, yelled at her and spit on the window of her car after an altercation in Gilman Parking Structure.

1:48 p.m.: General disturbance

The driver of a Dodge minivan called officers after allegedly being threatened by the driver of another car who cut him off on the freeway. The reporter followed the second driver to Lot 703, where he asked him if he “”knew how to drive.”” The second man then claimed that he had a gun. Officers advised the reporter to stay out of the area and not follow people. Unfounded.

$2515
    $5000