Lights and Sirens

Friday, Jan. 26

9:31 a.m.: Suspicious person

A 50-year-old male in a full-length leopard coat, safari hat and backpack asked an Engineering Building employee for directions to an unknown location. According to the reporter, he seemed to be mentally unstable, but was not a transient. Gone on arrival.

7:50 p.m.: General disturbance

A 50-something, orange-haired white male swore at a female and told her to get off a Price Center Ballroom computer.

Saturday, Jan. 27

5:54 p.m.: Noninjury accident

Officers were called when a subject’s vehicle collided with and knocked down a tree.

11 p.m.: Citizen contact

A male on Miramar Road received a phone call from a crying female, begging for help and mentioning something about a baby. The number was blocked and the reporter was not sure who had been calling him.

Sunday, Jan. 28

2:03 a.m.: Unknown injury accident

A vehicle on North Torrey Pines Road rolled over. Both occupants made it out of the vehicle, but one was reported to be unconscious. Referred to another agency.

2:38 a.m.: General disturbance

An unknown suspect fired at least three paint balls at an apartment in Sixth College. Gone on arrival.

4:39 a.m.: Arson

A bulletin board outside El Mercado was set on fire. Report taken.

9:53 p.m.: Suspicious person

A person wearing latex gloves and carrying a flashlight checked out cars in the University Center parking lot. Checks OK.

Monday, Jan. 29

9:32 a.m.: Preserve the peace

Officers stood at Vaughn Hall in the event that a confrontation where a professor was reprimanded for conduct did not go over well.

Tuesday, Jan. 30

3:38 p.m.: Suspicious person

A white male in a dark-colored beanie and jacket was reported as standing by cars in Lot 702. The man was not looking into cars, but “”just looked suspicious,”” the reporter said. Gone on arrival.

Wednesday, Jan. 31

2:09 p.m.: Hit and run

A woman reported that someone had crashed into her car at University Extension Center Building E, shattering a brake light and causing damage to the side of the vehicle. She found a note on the car from someone who had claimed to witness the accident one day earlier. Report taken.

Thursday, Feb. 1

6:47 a.m.: Bomb device found

A passerby noticed a suspicious brown bag located near the loading deck by Hubbs Hall, which appeared to be making a buzzing noise.

11:28 a.m.: Suspicious person

A tall, thin white male in a black hooded sweatshirt and camouflage pants was seen checking vehicle doors on Gilman Drive.

11:43 a.m.: Argument disturbance

Two people, a blonde white female in jeans and a white male in sweatpants, engaged in a loud argument in the stairwell to Discovery Hall. Field interview administered.

6:58 p.m.: Missing person

A Middle Eastern male in a gray jacket and brimmed hat failed to show up at a prearranged pick-up point in Pangea Parking Structure, and the person planning to meet him notified police. He was last seen by the reporter one hour earlier at the School of International Relations and Pacific Studies.

– Compiled by Matt L’Heureux

Associate News Editor