Lights and Sirens

Friday, Oct. 6

11:29 p.m.: General disturbance

Officers were contacted when an unknown subject banged on doors and yelled obscenities in Student Center Building C.

Saturday, Oct. 7

3:57 a.m.: Suicide attempt

Police were called to Earth Hall South when someone overheard a crying female trying to stop her boyfriend from killing himself. Report taken.

7:40 a.m.: Possible burglary

Four rooms in Mandeville Center were possibly broken into after a set of keys may have gone missing. It is unknown if anything was stolen. Report taken.

12:16 p.m.: Report of vandalism

An unknown suspect broke through a plastic window in an office at the Student Center office and sprayed a fire extinguisher inside. Report taken.

Sunday, Oct. 8

2:55 a.m.: Suspicious person

Police were contacted when an unknown person danced in the middle of the intersection between Equity Lane and Voigt Drive.

Monday, Oct. 9

2:59 a.m.: Welfare check

A woman called police and informed them that her husband had been missing for two days. He is described as a 6-foot tall, 52-year-old white male with short brown hair. Unable to locate.

11:55 a.m.: Injury

Officers were called when a 60-year-old female fell down in the main gym and subsequently had a bloody nose.

3:11 p.m.: Report of vandalism

An unknown suspect drew on the outside of the Eucalyptus Point Conference Center in marker.

Tuesday, Oct. 10

4:36 a.m.: Chemical spill

Police were called when someone accidentally put his or her elbow into acetic acid in Bonner Hall.

11:05 a.m.: Injury

A 19-year-old female hurt her ankle while skateboarding in front of Media Communications Center.

8:03 p.m.: Welfare check

Officers were called to check up on a Cafe Ventanas employee who had not been seen for several hours. The caller became concerned when they received a hang-up call from a local mortuary. Canceled before dispatch.

11:44 p.m.: Suspicious person

The caller spotted a vehicle inside the canyon by Lot 406. Field interview.

Wednesday, Oct. 11

11:57 a.m.: General disturbance

A 30- to 40-year-old male in a gray long-sleeved shirt was throwing objects at cars along La Jolla Village Drive. He was also seen throwing things into the woods and shouting.

2:52 p.m.: 911 hang-up

A male called police from the Applied Physics and Mathematics building saying that he needed to speak to a police officer but was unable to “speak freely.” He said he had to leave, was disconnected, and did not answer on call back. False alarm.

4:34 p.m.: Lewd act in public

A 60-year-old male with a thin build was seen looking over the barriers between stalls in a bathroom near Pepper Canyon Hall. Unable to locate.

5:48 p.m.: Injury

After being stung by a stingray on the beach and receiving a ride back to campus from a stranger, a 23-year-old male student was unable to walk and was believed to have had an allergic reaction to the sting.

9:36 p.m.: Suspicious person

A black male of unknown description was seen taking items off the tables and putting them into a white bag on the second floor of Geisel Library. The suspect was also seen reading an atlas.

$2505
    $5000