Cooking Corner

It’s 4/20! Where’s the pot?

Why, baked into these little goodies. Gone are delightfully innocent brownies. In their place are magnificently mischievous pot brownies.

Before we start, there is an essential part to these recipes: Pot butter. Dig out your pot, bring two to three cups of water to a boil, add as many leaves as you can fit into your pan and cover the mixture. Continue boiling for about an hour; mash and stir the concoction frequently to make sure all the tetrahydracannabinol is extracted from the leaves. After cooking, strain the leaves using cheesecloth — you want to keep all the liquid. Then, put the liquid into the fridge or freezer to cool. Once it’s solid, you can begin to cook.

Remember when your mom baked and you came home to a house with the smell of fresh brownies? Yeah, me neither. But, fear not. In honor of 4/20, we’re presenting a brownie recipe that will get you baked.

Ingredients:

1¼2 cup pot butter (putter)

3 squares of unsweetened chocolate

1 cup of all-purpose flour

2 large eggs

3¼4 teaspoon of baking powder

1¼2 teaspoon salt

1 1¼2 cup sugar

1 1¼2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Melt the “putter” and the chocolate. Mix until it’s all melted and then set it aside. Mix the sugar and the eggs thoroughly. Add the chocolate mixture to the egg-and-sugar mix. Then, add the baking powder, flour, salt and vanilla as you mix. Spread everything evenly into a well-greased 12 x 7 x 1-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.

Makes 20 brownies to consume as you watch “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.”

$2515
    $5000