Album Reviews – Web Exclusive

With WINNING DAYS, the Vines once again capture a frenzied collection of chaotic compositions that sound as though they were written on a psychedelic high and infectious melodies that trace a state of utter ecstasy.

The rowdy single “”Ride,”” with its clap-along beat coated with forceful guitars and singer Craig Nicholls’ ideally recalcitrant vocals starts off the album with vivacity. “”Animal Machine”” briskly layers assaulting guitars with wailing cries and, at one point, an odd composition of haunting animal sounds. The whimsical “”TV PRO”” recalls a state of hypnosis that goes awry.

The album runs the gamut from gorgeous harmonies, such as “”Winning Days”” and “”Autumn Shade II,”” with soothing guitars and Nicholls’ charming purrs to upbeat, catchy ditties like “”She’s Got Something To Say To Me,”” and concludes with the rapid yell-a-thon “”F*** The World.”” The spunky melodies stand out as the tunes that immediately get lodged in your head. If you could imagine a perfect, pleasant dreamland, these Aussies’ acoustic lullabies would make up the soundtrack that would be playing nonstop on the radio.

$2515
    $5000