Best Movie with Naked European Men: 28 Days Later

Touting a title that is apt to be confused with “28 Days,” that Sandra Bullock film that some may find equally scary, “28 Days Later” stands out as a stark and frightening modern zombie film from critically acclaimed director Danny Boyle (“A Life Less Ordinary” and “Trainspotting”). Boyle is known for his bleak-yet-gorgeous portrayals of skinny, desperate (most likely European) men like Ewan McGregor.

Courtesy of Fox Searchlight Pictures

The buzz surrounding this British film on its arrival to the United States early last year gave little notice to the most important part of the film: a beautiful man who spends the first half of the film wandering through the deserted streets of London. If blood-spewing, rabid brain-eating zombies aren’t your palette, the film deserves a once-over just for the endearing charm of 29-year-old Irish actor Cillian Murphy (“Girl With A Pearl Earring”), who plays the beautiful man who wakes up from a coma (naked) to find himself one of the few survivors in a post-apocalyptic virus outbreak in London.