Election turmoil- Failure to comply sinks SF! slate

The grievance filed accused Students First! of displaying several campaign posters on April 10, violating the decision previously imposed by the elections committee in an earlier grievance case. The slate was to remove all posters by the deadline of 11:59 p.m. on April 9.

As a result of the disqualifications, five commissioner positions, two senatorial positions and the office of vice president external remain vacant.

Both candidates and supporters of the slate responded strongly to the decision, with booing and yelling directed at the elections committee being heard for much of the remainder of Election Manager Robin Shelton¹s announcements. The disqualified positions included Kevin Shawn Hsu for president, Moneek Bhati for vice president internal, Rigo Marquez for vice president external, Harish Nandagopal for vice president finance, five commissioner candidates running unopposed and five senatorial positions.

“”We all feel horrible about the decision, but it is a decision that the elections committee decided was right in accordance with the elections bylaws,”” Shelton said.

$2515
    $5000