University Centers conducts survey

An A.S. Council task force will ask students to contribute their two cents on Nov. 18 regarding a University Centers expansion, in exchange for a chance at prizes.

All but 1,000 students will be receiving an e-mail asking them to participate in a Web-based survey designed to assess how the University Centers facilities are meeting the needs of students. The remaining 1,000 students will be contacted for a telephone-based survey.

The surveys are being conducted to determine whether students believe an expansion to the University Centers is necessary and if students would support an expansion.

The task force that is working on the expansion effort, which was chartered one year ago, edited surveys that were proposed by an outside group, Brailsford and Dunlavey, after holding focus groups with students last quarter.

The Web survey will be hosted by Brailsford and Dunlavey and the telephone survey will be conducted by San Diego State University’s social science research laboratory. University Centers Advisory Board Chair James Lynch said that SDSU’s research laboratory offers a “”reputable service.”” He also said that it has conducted numerous telephone surveys, including surveys at other universities.

Students who participate in the surveys will be given an opportunity to sign up for a drawing to win a Palm Pilot, an occasional-use “”A”” spot, a mountain bike, a Sony Playstation and Rubio’s gift certificates.

$2515
    $5000