Tribute: 'All things must pass'

was only a few months old when John Lennon was shot and killed. I had no idea what it felt like to have a Beatle pass on. But when George Harrison died late last November, I realized what it felt like to lose a Beatle, a cultural icon and one of my favorite musicans.

Harrison was probably one of the most underrated guitar players of all time; he tends to be overshadowed by the likes of Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix. But Harrison maintained his own melodic style, which is evident in Beatle songs such as “”Something”” and “”Here Comes the Sun.”” Harrison also launched a successful post-Beatles career with songs such as “”All Things Must Pass”” and “”My Sweet Lord.””

Harrison was my favorite Beatle. Maybe it was because, to me, he was the underdog of The Beatles. The casual fan seems to praise the talents of Lennon and McCartney but forgets how weak The Beatles sound would have been if it weren’t for the lead guitar talents of George Harrison.

But fans should be able to celebrate life the way that Harrison celebrated life. As Harrison reminded us, “”All Things Must Pass.””

$2515
$5000