Tori Amos to play two shows on one night

Tori Amos will be wrapping up her 29-show tour at San Diego’s Copley Symphony Hall on Tuesday, Nov. 20. The tour began in Palm Beach in late September shortly after the release of Tori’s sixth studio album, “”Strange Little Girls.”” This will be Amos’ first tour without her band. She performs with only a piano for the first time since 1994.

With classical piano training from the Peabody Conservatory at the age of five, a stage, a piano and her eerily haunting voice are all Amos needs.

Never one for conformity, Amos is known for pushing the envelope. Her songs address such controversial themes as religion, sexual repression, freedom of expression, rape and sexual abuse.

Her most recent album consists of covers of a selection of songs written by male musicians, which Amos sings from a female perspective. Some of the material on the album includes songs by Eminem, Neil Young, The Beatles and many others.

Written shortly after the birth of her daughter last September, the album seeks to create a voice for women who have previously been denied one. Amos strikes a blow against the patriarchal values that she believes have undermined female self-assertion long enough.

Amos states, “”There’s an anti-freedom movement that’s been growing up and you’re lying to yourself if you don’t want to look at it. It can be dressed up in tattoos and piercings and look really bitchin’, but if you strip it back, ‘power’ in America often means having power over somebody else.””

While a few of the songs on tour will be from the new album, there should also be a lot of older material. Some songs from her set will come from as far back as her 1992 release, “”Little Earthquakes.””

Amos is expected to give something different to every city that she is in. She decides what she’s going to do by judging the vibe of the audience that night. Let’s hope San Diego gives off a good vibe that evening.

$2515
$5000