UCSD will host 2001 CCAA tournament

The 2001 California Collegiate Athletic Association Soccer Championships will be held at Triton Soccer Stadium this weekend. UCSD’s women’s soccer team will attempt to repeat as champions of the tournament.

The Tritons enter the tournament as the regular season CCAA South Division champion with a 12-2 conference record. That mark earns UCSD, who is ranked No. 6 in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America NCAA Division II rankings, the top seed in the CCAA tournament.

Cal Poly Pomona took the second seed in the tournament as a wild card with a 10-2-2 conference record. It will face the third seed, CCAA Central Division champion Cal State Dominguez Hills, at 5 p.m. on Nov. 2.

The Tritons will play the late game on Friday night when they take on fourth-seeded UC Davis, the CCAA North Division champions, at 7:30 p.m. at Triton Soccer Stadium.

The finals will be held Nov. 4 at noon.

On Saturday, UCSD and the CCAA will host a NCAA Youth Education through Sports clinic for local boys. The event will run from 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Triton Soccer Stadium.

$2515
    $5000