Baseball Fall 1-3 at Colorado Mesa

But things fell apart in the bottom of the fifth; two errors in the field and a tired arm from Rauh gave room for Mesa to hit in eight runs.

After a frustrating inning, the Tritons came out swinging in the sixth. The Tritons were finally on the score board when sophomore shortstop Garrett Tuck hit a single to right.

Next up freshman Jack Lombardi walked and junior Sam Michaels was hit by a pitch to load the bases.

UCSD kept the rally going as Lombardi, freshman Brett Levy, and junior Danny Susdorf all brought in runs.

Unfortunately, Colorado Mesa had another four-run inning in the bottom of the eighth to seal the win.

UCSD 4, Colorado Mesa 6

Triton starter Ryan Goodbrand pitched a mediocre five innings, giving up four runs on seven hits.

Conversely, the Tritons had a tough time hitting Mesa pitcher Jared Christensen, who didn’t concede a run in his five innings.

In the sixth inning, the Tritons finally came alive with Susdorf and Levyboth singling to get on base.

Both were eventually brought home off balks from Christensen. With two outs, Garrett Tuck doubled down the left field line to bring in sophomore Nick La Face and sophomore Justin Rahn.

The inning ended with a fly out from senior Gregg Ringold.

Mesa responded with a five run rally in the sixth and an additional run in the seventh to take the game.

The Tritons ended the game recording four runs on nine hits.

UCSD 2, Colorado Mesa 3

Both teams came out hot on the mound in the third game of the series at Canyon View Park.

Triton starter Greg Selarz went four innings, giving up two runs on three hits and two errors.

Senior right-hander Tony York relieved for three innings and recorded two strike outs, one hit and no runs.

Senior Elias Tuma pitched for a fraction of an inning before being pulled for giving up the tie breaking run off of two hits and one error.

The Tritons were just edged in the attack.

UCSD was led offensively by outfielders Susdorf, sophomore Scott Liske, and Rahn who all attributed hits to account for UCSD’s two runs.

UCSD 11, Colorado Mesa 7

In the series finale, the Tritons came out hungry.

After a stale mate in the first, the Tritons responded in the second inning when Michaels singled to right to bring in Tuck to score the Tritons’ first run. 

In the third and fourth innings, UCSD rallied again to bring home a collective ten runs off of nine hits and three errors.

Starter Justin Burns was pulled and replaced by Rieser in the fourth after giving up three runs off of six hits and three errors.

Rieser pitched a solid inning, giving up only one hit.

Following Rieser, Dan Kolodin had a less than reputable performance, giving up two runs.

Closer Elias Tuma gave up two runs off of three hits and no errors to close out the game with a clutch three up, three down to close the series.