Lights and Sirens

Saturday, Jan. 19
    9:02 a.m.: Brandishing a weapon
    ▶ A 28-year-old Latino male wearing a yellow hooded sweatshirt was seen brandishing a 6-to-8 inch knife outside of Villa La Jolla Drive.
    12:47 p.m.: Medical aid
    ▶ A 36-year-old male at Geisel Library reported having trouble breathing and a tight chest, and believed he was experiencing a heart attack. The male also claimed to have received death threats from a student in the past.
    4:54 p.m.: Suspicious person
    ▶ A 55-year-old white male wearing an Indians baseball hat was seen possibly Dumpster-diving by Voigt bridge and Gilman Drive.
    9:14 p.m.: Citizen contact
    ▶ A subject at the Gilman Parking Structure was reported as urinating by a gold Scion vehicle.

Sunday, Jan. 20

7:20 a.m.: Suspicious person
    ▶ A black male wearing a blue jean jacket and green pants was seen riding a new bicycle into the bushes by the Preuss School.
    9:35 a.m.: Missing person
    ▶ The wife of a missing 32-year-old Japanese male reported that he had left her a note stating that he was “stressed.” The male was last seen on Jan. 18 on his way to class.

Tuesday, Jan. 22

8:51 a.m.: Citizen contact
    ▶ A subject at the Campus Services Building required assistance installing a car seat for the first time.
    9:38 a.m.: Smoke check
    ▶ An exit sign at Center Hall was seen producing smoke. Nearby classrooms were evacuated in spite of no signs of actual fire. False alarm.
    11:46 a.m.: Medical aid
    ▶ A 20-year-old female at the bottom floor of Imprints reported feeling like she was going to “pass out.”
    12:10 p.m.: Person down
    ▶ A potentially homeless person was seen possibly sleeping on La Jolla Village Drive.
    1:02 p.m.: Suspicious person
    ▶ A 40- to 50-year-old balding male was reported as walking into the Leichtag Biomedical Building, speaking incoherently and subsequently falling asleep on the lounge area sofa.
    10:48 a.m.: Report of vandalism
    ▶ A piece of a sculpture by Mandeville Center was broken off.

Wednesday, Jan. 23

12:53 p.m.: Report of petty theft
    ▶ A male reported that his sunglasses had been stolen from his car, although no signs of forced entry were visible.
    6:30 p.m.: Report of sexual battery
    ▶ A male Revelle student was reported as refusing medical attention after experiencing sexual battery from his roommate, who could not be located.
    11:32 p.m.: Suspicious person
    ▶ Four Asian males and one Asian female were seen removing stereo equipment from Round Table Pizza at Price Center. Checks OK.

Thursday, Jan. 24

11:27 a.m.: Citizen contact
    ▶ A pizza deliveryman making a delivery to a Regents Road residence encountered a naked, black 6-foot male in his late 20s, who was watching pornography and masturbating. The deliveryman reported taking the pizza and leaving.
    4:55 p.m.: Argument disturbance
    ▶ A Latino male wearing a dark coat was seen grabbing the shirt of a female in front of a burgundy minivan parked outside Lot 406.
    5:47 p.m.: Citizen contact
    ▶ A male reported that a new student at UCSD had once “cut his ear” while they were attending high school together in 2004, and wanted the police to “be aware of it,” although no restraining order is currently enforced.

$2515
    $5000