Most Ambiguously Pornographic Titles

Put your mind in the gutter and 2003’s film titles sound nastier than X-Tina’s “dirrty” laundry.

Courtesy of Miramax, Warner Bros., Universal Studios, New Market Films, 20th Centruy Fox

Starting with the Oscar nominees, there’s “Master and Commander,” “Big Fish” and “Whale Rider” (those should all be fairly obvious). You’ll have to use your imagination to make the rest of them work. There’s “The Human Stain,” “The Italian Job,” “Incredible Hulk,” “From Justin to Kelly,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Bad Santa,” “My Boss’ Daughter,” “Stuck On You” and “Dirty Pretty Things.”

When it comes down to it, any film title can be sullied if you’ve got your dirty thinking cap on. A Guardian staff meeting revealed these additional titles: “Finding Nemo,” “Cat in the Hat,” “T3: Rise of the Machines,” “Kangaroo Jack” and “Freaky Friday.” But “Girl With the Pearl Earring”? “Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life”? Maybe these suggestions say less about the inadvertently naughty filmmakers than they do about our staff. Huh huh, “staff.”