Worker found dead at VA Hospital

A Veterans Affairs San Diego Hospital employee allegedly died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds in the hospital’s parking lot last Friday, causing police to flood the campus and block off access to the parking lot.

The employee, hospital cook George Williams, allegedly shot himself in the head while sitting in his gray 1995 toyota pickup truck. VASDH security found his body at approximately 2:30 p.m.

VASDH is located along Gilman Drive, just south of the Eleanor Roosevelt College campus.

After recieving a call about a dead body in the VASDH parking lot from hospital security, police rushed to the scene. Officers turned around all cars trying to enter the lot, causing a minor traffic jam on campus.

“”It took us five minutes to [get out of the area],”” said Shishir Ghia, a Earl Warren College sophomore.

Williams served in the U.S. Navy for nine years until 1978, when he began working for VASDH. He is survived by his wife and their young daughter.

“”We are saddened by this tragic loss and extend our deepest sympathies to [William’s] family, friends and coworkers,”” read an internal memo to VASDH employees.

The hospital announced a memorial service for Williams, but has not finalized the logistics.

$2515
    $5000