Feel the desert heat at the Coachella festival

Europe has been known for its music festivals, which bring together dozens of bands, electronic acts and thousands of people. The Coachella Music and Arts festival will easily rival those epic festivals. Now entering its third incarnation, this festival has brought together an incredible lineup for the two-day event at the massive Empire Polo Field in Indio, Calif.

The violence of Woodstock 1999 tarnished the peace and love of the first Woodstock, but it is this West Coast festival that will bring back the magic and glory of huge festivals.

Coachella has something for everyone.

Huge acts such as Bjork and Oasis will headline Saturday and Sunday. There will also be many indie-rock performances, DJ sets and hip-hop acts.

Oasis is poised to release their first single, “”Hindu Times,”” in what seems likes ages. “”Hindu Times”” preserves the original sonic quality that made Oasis one of the greatest bands in the world. The single has also been gaining some airplay in radio stations across the country. Look for their new album, “”Heathen Chemistry,”” this summer.

The Strokes will tear up the stage with their retro-punk sound, and Jack Johnson is sure to cool down the crowd with his mellow acoustic tunes. The Strokes are among the bands that will be warming up with gigs in San Diego.

G. Love & Special Sauce will also look to cool down the crowd with their smooth sounds. Pete Yorn will be rocking out to a much bigger crowd than the one he played to at his intimate set at 4th & B earlier this month. British rockers Elbow, who opened for Yorn, will also bring their progressive rock sound to the stage.

The formidable DJ duo Sasha & Digweed has spent a good amount of time in Southern California. After an incredible set at 4th & B late last year, they will be among the top acts at Coachella when they spin trance-techno grooves to the masses. In the city of San Diego, they have upgraded to the San Diego Sports Arena for what will be an amazing set in early May.

Riding on the wave of their latest album, “”Come With Us,”” the Chemical Brothers will be another one of the major electronic acts. The ever-present Paul Oakenfold has found himself producing the “”Swordfish”” soundtrack and managing the popular Perfecto label. Dutch DJ Tiesto is lesser-known to the U.S. crowd, but everyone will know his name after they see and hear him spin.

Groove Armada will induce much ass-shakin’ with their DJ set, and they also fly in on the wings of their popular album, “”Goodbye Country (Hello Nightclub).”” Deep house act Miguel Migs will look to steam up eyeglasses with his sexy records. BT will be also be performing a rare DJ set.

Hip-hop acts such as Jurassic 5, KRS-One, Dilated Peoples and Mos Def will round out the festival.

With a lineup like this, the cost of the ticket will be worth it. But remember to bring the sunscreen, the hats and the sunglasses. Temperatures will be well into the low 90s. And bring cash, because everything is going to cost an arm and a leg once you’re inside.

The Indio heat will be nothing compared to the heat that these bands will generate. This is a festival you will be talking about for ages; it is a festival you can’t miss.

For ticket information go to the hiatus calendar. For a complete lineup and other information go to http://www.coachella.com.