Club Ritmo: X-Ecutioners drop all of the killer beats at Porter's Pub

The A.S. Council will soon present the second night in its series of shows for Club Ritmo, which will feature the talented turntablists the X-Ecutioners.

The X-Ecutioners, the New York-based quartet of DJs, are nationally and internationally renowned for their remarkable turntable stylings. Formed in 1989, the group is comprised of four members: Rob Swift, Roc Raida, Total Eclipse and Mista Sinista.

Formerly known as the X-Men, the DJ crew prides itself on its ability to create tracks entirely by hand, as opposed to using samplers and sequencing machines. The X-Ecutioners have dedicated their lives to perfecting the art of DJing, which they describe as “”mixing, scratching, body tricks and beat-juggling.””

The crew pioneered beat-juggling, described by Swift as “”manipulating a kick snare and high hat off a record and reorganizing the sounds to create a totally different composition the same way one would do with a sampling or sequencing machine.””

The X-Ecutioners are among the first all-DJ outfits ever to sign a recording contract. This amazingly gifted foursome can be heard on their new album, “”Built From Scratch,”” to be available in late February.

The club targets the 18-and-over crowd and is open to the general public, so if you’re looking for some slamming beats and all-around cool DJing, then stop by Porter’s Pub to see the renowned turntable masters, the X-Ecutioners.

Please look to the hiatus calendar on page 11 for ticket and time information.