Women Notch Two More

The UCSD women’s basketball team’s season is winding down, but is showing that it has some life left by picking up two more California Collegiate Athletic Association victories on the road this weekend.

At Dominguez Hills on Friday, the Tritons battled behind 15 points and six rebounds from Genevieve Ruvald to win 63-58.

UCSD star Maya Fok made a succesful return from a stress fracture to score eight points and dish six assists. Nicholle Bromley scored 11 points and Ashley Kokjohn contributed with 15 rebounds.

On Saturday against Cal State Los Angeles, UCSD found itself down 29-28 at halftime. There were no worries as the team rallied back to win the game 64-61.

In the contest, five Tritons ended in double figures in scoring, led by Ruvald with 12 points.

Next up for the Tritons who are 15-10 overall and 1-9 in the CCAA, are the last two games of the season, to beplayed at home this weekend. Friday at 8 p.m., UCSD hosts Cal State San Bernardino, and on Saturday it’s Cal Poly Pomona, who will pay a visit for a contest at 6 p.m.