Salon 101 Holds Grand Opening Celebration

The opening for the new venue, Salon 101, lasted from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., with about 700 visitors throughout the day.

“We were very busy and crowded today,” Salon 101 owner Claude Azar said. “It was a really good turnout.”

The opening provided a chance for students, faculty, and staff to walk around and tour the salon, as well as meet Azar and her staff of stylists. Salon services were available beginning the next day, Wednesday, Jan. 30.

In celebration of the grand opening, those visiting the salon had the opportunity to enter a raffle to win a variety of hair, skin, and nail products.

Students and staff who signed up for an appointment during the opening were given 20 percent off of services as well as two-ounce samples of hair products. The salon hired models to come in to receive sample salon treatments, such as blowouts, haircuts and nail paintings to showcase the talent of the stylists.

“It exceeded my expectations,” Earl Warren College student Robert Calpito said as he toured the facility.”It looks high-end but offers affordable prices for its services.”

Salon 101 is a full-service salon that offers hair, nail, and skin services for women and men such as haircuts, blowouts, facials, highlights and coloring, trims, waxing, manicures and pedicures. Prices range from $12 for a manicure to $40 for women’s haircuts to $85 for a full highlight. Operating hours are Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

“We strive to give [students, faculty, and staff] the best because when you look good, you feel good,” Azar said.

The salon is owned by Claude Azar and her husband, Tony Azar. The couple also owns “Salon de Claude”, another full-service salon in San Diego. Salon 101 serves as an expansion of “Salon de Claude”. Aside from its normal business schedule, Salon 101 has two upcoming events planned, including a complimentary cuts event for the charity “Locks of Love,” which will take place on Mar. 7.