First Hullaballoo Festival Lineup and Details Revealed

The Nov. 18 event will also utilize Matthews Quad for rides, a lounge area, food trucks, games and booths run by student orgs.
Associate Vice President of Concerts and Events Oliver Zhang attributed the largely electronic dance lineup — compared with Fall Fest’s typical hip-hop act — as fit to current student interests.

“It’s also based on trying to find artists with the maximum amount of appeal within a limited budget. It was an intentional decision and I think we did the right thing in doing so,” Zhang said.
The festival will host three carnival rides on Matthews Quad. The entertainment and amusement rides are free for students with valid student IDs.
In addition to the entertainment and amusement rides, student organizations are planned to run interactive booths and games. Zhang estimates that around 15 student organization booths will be in attendance.  
Five local San Diego food trucks — Tabe, Green Truck, Super Q, Corner Cupcakes and Flippin Pizza — will also be available on site located on Matthews Quad near the rides and on Rupertus Way near the dance stage.

“We tried to identify food trucks that weren’t overlapping with each other in terms of food and style,” Zhang said.
Hullaballoo is being held in Town Square in a conjunctive effort with Founder’s Day events scheduled to take place that afternoon, Zhang said.

“[Town Square] should still be able to accommodate as many students that want to enjoy this event,” Zhang said. “It’s a very different atmosphere and it should be interesting to see how it plays out for students.”

Zhang said the new tradition still has room to grow, but added that ASCE planners feel confident.

“Having rides, student organizations a part of it and food trucks — this is an event that doesn’t just focus on the artists, but still has a musical component,” Zhang said.

$2515
$5000