The Cataracs Show Rescheduled

Despite being scheduled to perform at UCSD this week, posts on their twitter page show that the Cataracs are currently in Brazil recording their album and will be there for the remainder of October.
“HOLY MOTHER OF MARY,” The Cataracs tweeted on Oct. 11. “WE MADE IT! WE SHALL BE LIVING IN A CASTLE IN BUZIOS, BRASIL & MAKING OUR ALBUM FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH.. vida!”

University Centers publicly announced the date change on Oct. 18 without a reason for the change of date.

“Obviously the change of date was due to an issue with the artist’s schedule but we worked hard to keep this show happening and to make sure that UCSD gets to see The Cataracs,” University Centers Special Events Coordinator Eliot Dreiband said in an email.

Tickets purchased for the Oct. 20 concert are valid for the new concert date. Refunds will be available to students until Nov. 9 through the UCSD box office, according to the Associated Students Concerts & Events facebook page.

“True, the rescheduled date is a bump in the road, but what’s in store for UCSD on Nov. 16 with the Cataracs is now bigger and better,” the University Centers Marketing & Programs Office said in a statement to the Guardian.

The concert will take place at the Price Center West Ballroom at 9 p.m.

“We are so juiced that we got to make up our date at UCSD in November,” The Cataracs said in a statement. “We’ve been recording a bunch of new music that we’ll be debuting for you guys.”

Additional tickets are available through the UCSD box office for $20.