Stone Temple Pilots Track Review

The ‘90s rock legends are back, shaking off a decade’s worth of rust with their first offering since Bush was semi-popular. “Between the Lines” wastes no time on lengthy intros, with Scott Weiland’s drawling vocals roaring in over a cacophony of distorted guitar riffs. Weiland delivers the chorus with a drunken slur, crooning “I like it when we talk about love/ You always were my favorite drug/ Even when we used to take drugs,” alluding to his cocaine-fueled past and subsequent rehabilitation. Concise and catchy, the track perfectly melds razor-sharp riffs and solos, fashioning a glam-rock anthem without attempting anything earthshakingly unique. Like the modern remake of a classic film, “Between the Lines” resurrects a blend of vintage glam and psychedelic rock, harkening back to a bygone era and serving as an excellent opening salvo for Stone Temple Pilots bid to regain their prior fame.

7 out of 10

Stone Temple Pilots — “Between the Lines,” lead single from Stone Temple Pilots, to be released on May 25.

The album is being self-produced. The band has not announced any California tour dates yet.

$2515
$5000