Jan. 11, 2010

Friday, Jan. 1

4:38 p.m.: Suspicious person

? A white transient male in his 40s with a “green streak in his hair,” pink pants, a plaid jacket and a green scarf was seen walking around Muir housing. Field interview administered.

Saturday, Jan. 2

2:24 p.m.: Juvenile disturbance

? A mother reported that her child was “hitting [her] car with a stick” and “freaking out” at Lot 502.

9:36 p.m.: Report of vandalism

? An unknown person was reported as attempting to pry open the mailboxes at the Warren Student Activity Center with a screwdriver.

Sunday, Jan. 3

3:25 p.m.: Suicide attempt

? A six-foot student was sent to the Thornton Hospital Emergency Room after threatening to stab himself to death if he were “kicked out of school.” Field interview administered.

Monday, Jan. 4

8:41 a.m.: Grand theft

? An unknown person was reported as ripping out a part of the UCTR 413 ceiling, trespassing and stealing a video projector.

11:30 a.m.: Citizen contact

? A volunteer at the Center for Molecular Genetics Building was reported as “acting irrationally.”

Tuesday, Jan. 5

2:14 a.m.: Suspicious person

? An Indian male in his 50s was seen sleeping in front of the Loft at Price Center East. Field interview administered.

9:23 a.m.: Medical aid

? A 20-year-old student was reported as “feeling faint” and “having problems seeing” at CLICS library.

? 7:53 p.m.: Medical aid

A 27-year-old male was seen vomiting at Main Gym.

Wednesday, Jan. 6

11:40 a.m.: General disturbance

? A 45-year-old white male wearing a blue baseball cap was reported as “holding a Jesus sign” and swearing at passersby on Library Walk.

4:57 p.m.: Welfare check

? A male was seen “flailing his arms [while] getting in and out of his car” at the top level of the Pangea Parking Structure.

7:23 p.m.: Suspicious person

? A white male wearing a black jacket was reported as claiming he was a former sergeant in the army and attempting to sell false magazine subscriptions in support of “the troops” on Library Walk. Unable to locate.

9:24 p.m.: Group disturbance

? A group of five to seven people were reported as “throwing flyers” and “getting in the way of the shuttles” at the Warren Student Activity Center. Gone on arrival.

Thursday, Jan. 7

11:17 a.m.: Suspicious person

? A white male in his 30s with blonde hair and a small build — suspected for stealing computers on campus — was seen walking toward the coffee cart at Pacific Hall. Unable to locate.

4:20 p.m.: Prisoner

? A student was detained for stealing a textbook worth $103 from the Price Center Bookstore.

8:48 p.m.: Citizen contact

? A white male with shaved hair was reported as attempting to sell false magazine subscriptions on Library Walk, claiming he was from a fraternity [and] trying sell as many subscriptions as he could to go to London.

— Compiled by Sonia Minden

Senior Staff Writer

$2515
$5000