Summer Movie Preview: ""License to Wed""

Usually, Ken Kwapis’ humor extends past his last name – the director has worked on both TV cult classics “”The Office”” and “”Freaks and Geeks”” – but for this summer’s staple romantic comedy, with an optimistic comedic cast and mediocre plot, the credits might be the best part: Veteran comedian Robin Williams plays the over-zealous Reverend Frank, and John Krasinski, better known as Jim Halpert from “”The Office,”” plays the patient Ben, willing to go through hell and back to marry his beloved fiancée Sadie (Mandy Moore).

Before Ben can marry, he must pass the Reverend’s outlandish marriage-preparatory course, including such ridiculous tasks as caring for two creepy robo-babies and driving through the city blindfolded. Not surprisingly, the strenuous tests put a strain on the young couple’s relationship. Will the marriage work? Will the couple last? Will Reverend Frank realize his error in submitting a loving courtship to an absurd test, accidentally break them apart with his good intentions, admit his errors just before the wedding is called off and reunite the couple just in time so that they can live happily ever after? Even with Kwapis, Halpert and a reverend, it’s going to take a miracle to veer this one off the predicted path. July 3.

$2515
    $5000