Highlights of UCSD's 2003 women's soccer season

Oct. 5: UCSD exacts revenge on UC Davis for knocking the Tritons out of the 2002 NCAA playoffs in a shootout. UCSD wins the rematch, 2-1.

Nov. 1: Tritons trounce Grand Canyon University 14-0, on senior night.

Nov. 9: UCSD brings home its fourth consecutive California Collegiate Athletic Association title by beating Sonoma State in the semifinals and crushing Cal State Dominguez Hills, 5-1, in the finals. The Tritons do so despite Dominguez Hills being responsible for one of the Tritons¹ two losses at the time.

Nov. 13: CCAA awards are handed out and UCSD cleans up. Senior Kristin Jones nabs CCAA Player of the Year and First Team honors. Kelly Cochran wins Freshman of the Year as well as First Team. Four seniors, Molly Carlson, Kristin Conahan, Megan Mendoza, Christine Wensel are named to the Second Team. An Honorable Mention is awarded to Sarah Schopbach. Brian McManus receives Coach of the Year.

Nov. 15: Schopbach heads a late goal to drive UCSD to a 1-0 victory over Cal State San Bernardino in the NCAA opener.

Nov. 17: In the third meeting after the first two games were split, UCSD outlasts Cal State Dominguez Hills in a shootout. Sophomore goalkeeper Alyson Berger makes a fine save at the end to anchor the 4-3 penalty kick win and send UCSD to the NCAA Quarterfinals.

Nov. 23: Tritons knock off No. 1 Metro State, 3-2, handing them their first and only loss of the season. Jones scores two goals, sending UCSD to Virginia Beach, Va., for the NCAA Final Four. Although it ends up losing a heartbreaker to Franklin Pierce, UCSD plays well. Their successful season ends with in UCSD ranked No. 3 in the national polls.

$2515
    $5000