Please Leave the Strippers Alone

The other day, I was perusing a local publication and I came across an article that got my attention. It was about a stripper. That will always do it.

There is this girl who attends Cal State Northridge and she strips to make money. Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. The removal of clothes while men ogle her. The exploitation of women and all of that.

She is also on the track and field team. Or should I say she was on the track and field team.

You see, she got kicked off of the team when the coaches found out what she was doing as a profession. I am not sure what the reasoning is, but I guess it is not appropriate for a member of the track team to bear her breasts for a buck.

This totally sucks.

What do the two have to do with each other? Well, other than the fact that you need a hard body for both and need to be in good shape in general, there is no correlation.

I mean, if you work late stripping, you may not be ready for a meet the next morning. And your ass may be tired. But hey, this the same for any job that involves late hours.

We all know how difficult it is to balance school, recreation and work. We are each good at something, some of us many things. It just so happens that this young lady does well stripping. She also is good at track and field. The fact that she got kicked off is bogus. Hell, I would strip if I had the body. Strippers make all kinds of money. Right now, I would probably be paid to put my clothes back on instead of to take them off.

Members of the baseball team are the ones who blew her cover. How did they find out? Well, by going to watch her perform, of course. They too are in trouble.

I’m just saying as long as it is legal, it is fine for someone to do as a job. Who is to judge?

This got me to wondering about our own athletes. We are a nonscholarship school. There are a number of athletes here struggling to make ends meet. Are there any athletes out there attending this school who work at strip clubs? There are two ways to find out.

I could just ask, which would be boring. “”Excuse me, do you strip?”” Then you would hear a slap.

The other alternative would be to send my crack team of reporters to the local strip joints to see if there are any … uh … faces we recognize. Hell, anyone from the Guardian could go and do research. We could learn the working habits of student-athletes.

I am not limiting this to just females. There may be some male strippers out there. Now, I sure as hell am not going to see male strippers, but I can send someone from the office. Maybe my friend the news editor is willing.

Surviving school is not a crime. Stripping is not a crime.