Categories:

Senior Sendoff: Hana Tobias

Senior Sendoff: Hana Tobias
Image by Thomas Murphy for The UCSD Guardian

I started working for The Guardian less than a year ago, but joining has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in college. Somewhat on a whim, I decided that I should do something just for fun during my senior year, which manifested in my application to the photo team. I could never have predicted the sheer variety of assignments that I’d cover. Whether the subject is a tense protest or a joyful musical theater performance, nothing beats the moment when you get the perfect shot — one that not only shines visually but also encapsulates the story.

A few people I’d like to thank: Millie, the greatest photo editor imaginable. The rest of the phenomenal photo team, who consistently turn in photos that take my breath away. Raymond, Carter, Viv, Kaitlin, Elise, and Alex, who motivated me when covering the encampment monopolized our time and thoughts.

Over the past nine months, my photography skills have improved exponentially. More than that, I’ve gained confidence that will buoy me to seek out greater challenges in my future. Thank you to The Guardian for providing a brief yet loving home for me and my work. And with that, please enjoy a few of the more than 1000 photos that I submitted this year.

About the Contributors
Hana Tobias
Hana Tobias, Photographer
Hana is a fourth year Cognitive Science major.
Thomas Murphy
Thomas Murphy, Co-Webmaster & Associate Photo Editor
I work on the website and take-a the pretty pictures
$2515
$5000