Site Seen: Coronado 10K Valentine’s Day Run

The first 50 students to register will receive seven dollars off of the admission fee. So grab your loved one, and head out to Tidelands Park in Coronado on Sunday, Feb. 17 at 8 a.m. Remember to put on your best Valentines Day get up, and don’t forget to grab some free beer at the after party.

Let’s admit it, not everyone can run 6.2 miles as easily as we can chug a beer. At the Coronado 10K, nobody cares what your level of athleticism is because at the end, everyone will be drinking a lot of free beer. The founder, Ben Vaughan, created this event in view of the fact that this is a strictly fun and funding event. Head out with a partner, with family or go single. Either way, your contribution will be greatly appreciated by the Islander Sports and Stephen J. Wampler Foundations. By participating in the Coronado 10K, not only will you be contributing to great causes, you will be showing your sweetheart your charitable side.

“A lot of races don’t put quality to the event but we do,” Vaughan said.

All participants will receive a T-shirt, a finisher’s medal, a water bottle and a booklet of coupons including $30 off at Skydive San Diego and many more savings at local businesses.

“The coupons will alone pay for your ticket to participate,” Vaughan said.

So join your fellow San Diegans on Sunday, Feb. 17 at 8 a.m. by registering online. Importantly, be one of the first 50 students to use the code “UCSD” at checkout and save seven dollars. The cost to participate will vary by age but don’t forget, the top three male and female winners will be awarded with a cash prize. On top of that, if you are of legal age, there will be a post-race party, which will be held at McP’s Irish Pub and Grill with live music by Mystique, where beer by Gordon Biersch will be provided to satisfy your running needs. Let loose, and enjoy the Coronado 10K, because after all the fun and alcohol you’ll be having, your Valentine just might turn into something sweet.

$2515
    $5000