Council Talks Pancake Breakfast, Chancellor Search

“Yes, this [resolution] is about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, but it’s also about neutrality,” SJP member Samera Yousef said. “All thoughout the year, we are divided. It’s similar to asking College Democrats and College Republicans to come together and make a resolution that both sides can agree on.”

Revelle College Council also addressed the councilmembers, continuing the college council visits that started during Week Seven. They offered a poster of a hand-drawn Sun God to A.S. council. Their school spirit was well appreciated after a politically charged week. 

Vice President of Student Life Meredith Madnick announced that this quarter’s Pancake Breakfast will be sponsored by the Interfraternity Council, Panhellenic Conference and the Student Foundation. The money from these sponsors will fund new food options for the event.    

Everyone is anxiously awaiting the announcement of the new option (either fruit or meat), which will be revealed at next Wednesday’s meeting.

President Alyssa Wing announced that she will not be present for next week’s council, as she must attend a chancellor selection meeting. 

She took the opportunity to address council with thoughts she would have saved for next week’s meeting, which will be the last meeting of Winter Quarter.

“I really just want to thank you all for your commitment through everything,” she said. “I really am proud to call you my councilmembers and my friends as well.”  

Council was very touched by Wing. AVP of College Affairs Leonard Bobbitt encouraged council to remain active in getting students to vote on the Division I referendum, even though only two days remain in the election.

“Really push [voting on the election] because every student’s voice does matter in this,” Bobbitt said. “Let democracy run free and freedom for everyone.”

Madnick was disappointed when announcing this week’s Councilmember of the Week, as the recipient was not present at Wednesday’s meeting.

“It’s [AVP of Student Services] Leigh Mason, and I’ll make her do the embarrassing runway thing next week,” Madnick said. 

Hopefully she reads this so she can prepare an awesome runway show for next week. No pressure, Mason.

Council sang an enthusiastic “happy birthday” song to Campuswide Senator Matthew Bradbury. I’m sure Bradbury will be excited to legally join council during its occasional after-meeting trips to Porter’s Pub.

$2515
    $5000