ESPN to broadcast UCSD Men’s Basketball

For the first time, the Triton basketball games will broadcast over the airwaves of ESPN Radio 1700AM.

Starting this Tuesday, Nov. 22, every home game for the rest of the season and four road games will be announced by voice of TritonTalk, Creg Elsten and Executive Producer at XX Sports 1090 and ESPN 1700, Jack Cronin. Elsten will handle the play-by-play, while Cronin will handle the color commentary. Chris Carlson, who enters his fifth year as UCSD head coach after a stint with UCLA, was happy to finally have his team’s games broadcast.

“We’re very pleased that fans in San Diego will be able to listen to our broadcasts this year,” Carlson said. “We play in one of the best Division II conferences in the country and I think people will be genuinely pleased with all that UCSD Basketball and the CCAA has to offer.”

Associate Athletic Director Ken Grosse was just as excited.

“It was an opportunity that, you know, I just couldn’t pass up” Grosse said, “I think it’s a great opportunity.” The first game to be broadcast will be the Tritons’ home matchup against Cal State San Bernardino in their CCAA opener on Tuesday at 7 p.m.

$2515
    $5000