De-Stress Fest: Therapy Fluffies

It’s a well-established, indestructible law of nature that adorable things are the perfect panacea for finals. And every year at UCSD man’s best friend never fails to make an appearance when you least expect it — walking back from Center Hall, drugged up, pen down and brain drained of all comprehension.

As part of the De-Stress Fest — the University Centers’ annual week-long giveaway — PC Ballroom was transformed into a geriatrics ward on Tuesday, March 16 from 10 a.m. — 2 p.m., speckled with Irish Setters, Cocker Spaniels, Pomeranians and Dachshunds. All in the name of surviving the week-long tumult of scantrons, free responses, essays and short answers.

Also included in the week’s festivities was “Massage Mania” (Monday), “Cupcakes and Cocoa” (Tuesday), “Bagels and Bluebooks” (Wednesday) and “Kiss Winter Quarter Goodbye” (Thursday) – at which students handed out Hershey’s kisses and tubes of chapstick as a final send off.

Needless to say, the string of de-stressers provided enough distraction to get students through one Tuesday’s worth of tests and a hearty lack of sleep.