Cock-Rockers Revel in Poor Taste and Fashion Faux Pas

Electric Six
    Kill
    Metropolis
    6/10

If you like your hair meticulously tousled or your teeth gleaming golden, back away slowly — but if you’d rather have fun than look cool, check out Electric Six’s brand-new Kill.

Next checkpoint: Does your idea of a good time involve rocking out to disco-funk or dressing in a suit and glowing codpiece?

E6 start off strange with heavy-on-the-’70s “Body Shot.” The music video is Candyland as directed by oversexed Swede Günther, and its guitars pop a la “Stayin’ Alive” — just before slamming into the chorus. Dick Valentine even manages to take a dated Bee Gees falsetto into hilarious and sexy territory. Even the reggae outro grooves, though it’s depressingly easy to believe they just put threw it in there to see how exasperated the label cronies would get.

Forget all that, though, because it’s time for album standout “Escape From Ohio.” Dropping lyrical absurdities worthy of the Lonely Island, they one-up the SNL boys with a driving guitar line and a chorus that demands air mic. Stuck at your great-uncle’s funeral with your iPod? Like it or not, Grandma’s going to hear your version of Valentine’s Hendrix yell.

Electric Six are unnecessarily weird at moments, but they’re veteran enough to cut the act after a few torturous tracks. As for the rest of the album — let’s just say a sing-along and some hot millennium disco-rock are worth the cold shoulder this Thanksgiving.

$2515
    $5000