Time is Running Out to Register to Vote

Dear Editor,

The deadline for California residents to register to vote (or change their address) for the Nov. 4 presidential election is Monday, Oct. 20.

Completed voter registration forms must be delivered to your county registrar of voters or the secretary of state’s office by Oct. 20, or postmarked by Oct. 20. California residents 18 and older (or who turn 18 by Nov. 4) who are U.S. citizens can register to vote. Forms are available at many locations on or near your campus as well as in post offices, DMV offices, libraries, county elections offices, other government buildings and some local fire stations (forms have prepaid postage). If you have moved or changed your name, you must fill out a new form and re-register to vote. College students can register to vote using their college residence address.

If you are not sure if you are registered to vote, call your county registrar of voters. If you do not receive your official “voter information guide” by Oct. 20, it’s a good idea to call to make sure your county elections office shows that you are registered to vote at your current address. If in doubt — register to vote. Additional information on registering to vote and the voting process can be found at the secretary of state’s Web site: www.ss.ca.gov/elections.

— Stephanie Chan
    The California College Democrats

$2515
    $5000