Work for the Guardian

Want to work for the Guardian?
    Click on any one of the job applications below.
    Copy Reader
    Designer
    Illustrator
    Photographer
    Writer
    If you are applying to be a writer, please also complete one or more of the following tests.
    News Writer’s Test
    Sports Writer’s Test

Business/Advertising Positions
    To find out more about these positions email Monica Bachmeier at [email protected]

Business Office Assistant
    Position description:
    Provide customer service to walk-in and telephone traffic. Greet office visitors. Answer questions regarding display and classified advertisements and rates and weekly calendar. Mail weekly subscriptions both on and off campus. Mail tear sheets to advertisers weekly. Assemble media kits. Filing, simple data entry, faxing and copying on a weekly basis. Assist Business Manager regularly and office personnel as needed.

Student Advertising Account Representative
    Position description:
    Contact businesses in the La Jolla and San Diego area to place display advertisements in the UCSD Guardian newspaper. Serve as contact person for display/classified ads for UCSD Guardian.
    Qualifications:
    Must have experience with student or community newspapers and knowledge of newspaper advertising concepts. Must have sales experience and knowledge of effective sales techniques. Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work with diverse student populations, large and small corporations, university departments and the general public.

On Campus Driver/Distributor
    Position description:
    On-campus driver for UCSD Guardian newspaper delivery, using electric cart to various campus locations and newspaper racks. Some heavy lifting required.
    Position available for either/both Monday and Thursday. Must have a minimum of four-hour block of time on either/both days. Distribution hours run between 8am – 10am.

Qualifications for all positions at UCSD Guardian:
    Must be a student at UCSD. Must pay UC registration fees for each quarter working.

Apply at Port Triton

$2515
    $5000