Summer Movie Preview: ""I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry""

If you’re an Adam Sandler enthusiast looking for an almost two-and-a-half-hour slapstick comedy jam-packed with gay humor and manly bonding, “”I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry”” will deliver.

When two straight, single firefighters are unable to receive work benefits, they find that the only logical way to get a pension is to pretend to be a gay couple in a domestic partnership. In order to prove to the court that they are in fact “”big time fruits,”” Chuck (Sandler) and Larry (Kevin James) work together with an attractive, sometimes scantily-clothed, lawyer (Jessica Biel), who Larry predictably falls for. Trapped in a lie, which leads the two to a gay-pride parade donning “”Mrs. Timberlake”” and “”Mrs. Pitt”” T-shirts, the guys have to figure out a way to fool the world without killing each other in the process. With some familiar faces including Steve Buschemi and Rob Schneider, a couple ass slaps and plenty of well-delivered jokes, it’s no doubt that “”Chuck and Larry”” will be a silly, all-too-familiar mixture of Dennis Dugan flicks i.e. “”Benchwarmers”” and “”Big Daddy.”” July 20.

$2515
    $5000