Lights and Sirens

Friday, March 16

8:03 p.m.: Suspicious vehicle

Passengers in a black Ferrari circling around campus stopped a passerby on Scholars Drive North. The men apparently asked the reporter how to get to Tijuana, if there were any women “”for sale”” in the area and how much they would cost. Unable to locate.

Saturday, March 17

4:05 a.m.: Suspicious person

A male, wearing tan pants and a ski mask, was seen riding a skateboard and carrying a knife at Stewart Hall. Unable to locate.

Sunday, March 18

4:30 p.m.: Citizen contact

A woman called officers when her friend, a 58-year-old male, fell on a shuttle after the driver allegedly stopped abruptly.

Monday, March 19

11:10 a.m.: Lost property

A male called officers when he discovered a small pouch of a dry, grasslike substance on Gilman Drive.

2:02 p.m.: Welfare check

A male in Gilman Parking Structure stood at the ledge of the sixth floor for approximately 15 minutes. When the reporter asked if he was all right, the male did not respond. Unable to locate.

Tuesday, March 20

3:20 a.m.: General disturbance

Officers received secondhand information that two transients were fighting on the hillside by Thornton Hospital. Unable to locate.

9:11 a.m.: Suspicious person

At the east side of Pharmaceutical Sciences Building, a white male in his 20s mixed fluids from canisters duct-taped to his waist. Checks OK.

12:52 p.m.: Report of burglary

A suspect damaged an interior door in Mandeville Center and stole an unknown number of items.

4:01 p.m.: Assist other agency

A Latino male in his 30s broke windows on a bus and made homicidal threats at the intersection of La Jolla Village Drive and Regents Road. He was last seen on foot running toward Costa Verde Boulevard. Unable to locate.

5:55 p.m.: Illegal vendor

Two black females in their 20s were described as “”aggressively”” selling magazines on the second floor of Tenaya Hall. Unable to locate.

Wednesday, March 21

9:41 a.m.: Prisoner

A Japanese female in her 20s was detained for allegedly taking a pen from the Price Center Bookstore. The subject was said to be cooperative despite a language barrier between her and bookstore employees.

4:20 p.m.: Petty theft

A white male in a black leather jacket and black beret was described as uncooperative when employees attempted to investigate a possible theft from the Price Center Bookstore. Field interview administered.

10:22 p.m.: General disturbance

A white female in her 40s, possibly pregnant, yelled loudly to herself in Geisel Library. Field interview administered.

Thursday, March 22

12:30 p.m.: Suspicious person

A Latino male in his 30s was described as “”casing”” cars near the administration office of Scripps Institution of Oceanography. Unable to locate.

12:38 p.m.: Citizen contact

An employee of Geisel Library called police when the circulation desk received a note stating that she was a “”dirty”” person. The note had been left at around 3 p.m. the prior day.

$2515
    $5000