A.S. Elections Endorsements – Commissioner of Enterprise Operations

While she is now running unopposed, Students First! candidate for commissioner of enterprise operations Angela Fornero displays more than enough practical experience and enthusiasm to warrant a strong vote of confidence. Fornero was promotions director in the enterprise office this year, and is correct when she claims that the office is “as big as you make it.” The office has shown great growth under the leadership of Unity presidential candidate Jeremy Cogan since its split from student services, and Fornero pledges to continue this trend by increasing the efficiency and profitability of current enterprises and expanding with new ventures.

Fornero intends to increase publicity for core enterprises such as the Grove Caffe, A.S. Lecture Notes and A.S. Soft Reserves, which she specifically hopes to expand by appealing to professors to employ the service. Additionally, she has plans for new enterprises such as a dessert vendor in Price Center and a Greek store. Herself a member of Delta Gamma, Fornero’s plan for the Greek store, which would likely serve only the minority of students in the Greek community, is of questionable merit. However, she expressed flexibility in her goals and above all seeks to develop enterprises that improve student life and generate the maximum amount of revenue for Associated Students.

Fornero’s work this year in enterprise publicity is to be commended, particularly her role in better marketing the ever-improving Grove Caffe. However, Fornero said that she has much to offer in the entrepreneurial role of the office as well.

Former Unity candidate Reynaldo Vargas, Jr., who recently dropped out of the race, holds the entrepreneurial directorship in the office this year, but Fornero is eager and apt to improve enterprises in both capacities as commissioner.

$2515
    $5000