A.S. at a Glance

Public Input

Over 20 students urged the A.S. Council to pass a resolution in response to the campus-wide distribution of a publication entitled “”Jizzlam”” on June 4. See page 1 for more information.

Items of Immediate Consideration

Item I

The A.S. Council approved allocations for media organizations for fall 2003 with a vote of 10-2-3. The Scene, the KOALA, The MQ and Voz Fronteriza received the highest allocations. Temper received the least amount of funding with a $39 allocation. Overall, media allocations totaled $12,579

Billy Ikosipentarhos, Thurgood Marshall College junior senator, expressed concern that increased funding for the special glossy magazine-style 21st anniversary issue of the KOALA was unnecessary. Commissioner of Communications Frances Galvon assured the council that media organizations that print on paper other than newsprint are required to fund 20 percent of the special issue.

Item O

Kevin Shawn Hsu was appointed by the council to the position of director of national affairs, effective June 4, 2003 to April 28, 2004. The appointment passed by consensus.

Old Business

Items D through J

The A.S. Council appointed Andrew Breskin, Sophorn Chum, Pamela Lin, Nicholas Marongiu, Lauren McKown, Sarah Piazza and Todd Tolin as Student Organization Funding Allocation Board representatives effective May 29, 2003 to May 19, 2004.

Item K

The A.S. Council approved President Jeremy Paul Gallagher’s Executive Budget for 2003-04 with a vote of 17-0-1. See page ___ for more information.

Item CC

The A.S. Council approved the Office of Enterprise Operations Charter by consensus. The office “”functions as a service to the Associated Students in the area of business management, expansion and development.””

Reports

Revelle College Freshman Senator Carrie Du

Du reported that Revelle has opted to move from a member-at-large system for its college council to direct election of members.

Sixth College Council Chair Crystal Erlendson

Erlendson reported that Sixth College recently passed an $8 per quarter activity fee.

-Compiled by Neil Spears

Senior Staff Writer

$2505
    $5000