FallFest: Taking it to the Green

In addition to the musical line-up of FallFest, there is also the programming — FallFest on the Green. This event takes place on Library Walk and Price Center Plaza, and is a fair put on by the Student Organization and Leadership Opportunities Office.

Now in its 19th year, F.O.G. — the namesake of FallFest … is overshadowed by the entertainment in the evening. Back in the 1980s, F.O.G began as Bizarre Bazaar, which was mostly a recreational clubs event, but the student organizations soon dominated the displays. The affair was then located south of the rec gym, which was — surprise, surprise — a green field. Thus the fall festival held on the green became FallFest on the Green, and the quarterly music programming followed suit in name not long after.

Every year, F.O.G. brings together over 100 student organizations to put up booths and solicit new members to get involved in campus life. Organizations were allowed to sign up until Oct. 9, and by Oct. 7 there were over 70 campus groups that had already reserved spaces. Some will have more then just a table; there will also be performances by musical groups, including Ascension, the Chinese Student Association’s Hip-Hop team, the Pep Band, the Campus Greens, and many others.

Fundraising will take place alongside food booths to feed hungry students with a variety of ethnic variations to delight your taste buds. About a dozen different clubs will be taking full advantage of the opportunity to display their culinary talents with an explanation of their group’s purpose to the campus community.

So if you’re looking for a way to get involved or just meet new people, then check out Library Walk and Price Center Plaza from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Oct. 11 to find out everything about the people and activities of UCSD.

$2515
    $5000