Spring dance concert promises to dazzle all

The UCSD department of Theatre and Dance will put on “”New Works: Spring Dance Concert,”” an evening of dance premieres created and performed by UCSD departmental undergraduate dancers, on May 31 and June 1 at 8 p.pm.

Curated by the dance faculty, the performance will showcase the dance program’s dynamic and versatile curriculum through modern dance, jazz, neoclassical dance on pointe and postmodern dance. Over 50 dancers will perform in eight new works choreographed by UCSD dance program students. Lighting design will be overseen by graduate design students in the Department of Theatre and Dance.

The production is directed by UCSD Theatre and Dance faculty member Jean Isaacs. Isaacs is also a faculty member at the Academy of Performing Arts. She was the first recipient of the National Endowment for the Arts/Local Dance Fellowships and has received many other awards for excellence as a choreographer, a teacher and an artist.

With so much new and seasoned talent, this year’s Spring Dance Concert is sure to be a rare treat for both casual dance enthusiasts and serious performing arts patrons alike.