hiatus calendar

Thursday 4/25/02

Blink-182, Green Day and Jimmy Eat World will rock Coors Ampitheatre. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $35. Please look to https://www.ucsdguardian.org for more information.

Friday 4/26/02

Jack Johnson displays his song-writing talents with a simple acoustic guitar backed with a great percussion sound. He will be at RIMAC Arena and the show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $18.50 and they can be purchased at the UCSD Box Office and by calling (858) 534-TIXS.

Scotland’s Beta Band will be at 4th & B. They incorporate elements of trip-hop in their latest release, “”Hot Shots II.”” They are among the handful of bands that are warming up in San Diego before they head off to Coachella. Tickets for tonight’s show is $15 and the gig starts at 8 p.m.

The psychadelic sounds of Beulah will be at The Casbah. Their show starts at 8:30 p.m. and tickets are $10. Call The Casbah at (619) 232-4355 for more information. Check out their CD reivew on page 10.

Saturday 4/27/02

The Coachella Music and Arts Festival is one of the biggest music festivals in the United States, featuring dozens of incredible bands. The festival will be at the Empire Polo Grounds in Indio, Calif. The festival runs on Saturday and Sunday and the gates open at noon. Tickets for one day are $65 and tickets for both days are $125. Look on this page for more.

The B-Side Players will be at the Belly Up Tavern at 9:15 p.m. Tickets are $10. Check out their CD review on page 10.

Sunday 4/28/02

British electronic duo Zero 7 will be at ‘Canes Bar & Grill. Zero 7 will drop lush, down-tempo beats and soulful jazz arrangements. The duo has been nominated for coveted music award the Mercury Prize. Tickets are $9.21 and the show starts at 8 p.m.

Tuesday 4/30/02

Tenacious D and The Strokes co-headline their show at RIMAC Arena. The hilarious lyrics of Tenacious D will keep the spirits high and The Strokes will keep the audience bouncing along to their retro-punk sound. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $25.

Wednesday 5/1/02

Alanis Morisette starts her first tour in three years at Cox Arena. Ryan Adams will open for Morissette. Tickets start at $38.25 and the show starts at 8 p.m. Go to the Guardian online for more on the Morisette.

$2515
    $5000