hiatus calendar

Thursday 4/18/02

Colin Young-Wolff

Members of Sublime and the Long Beach Dub Allstars joined together to create a ska/punk band called Shortbus. They will be at ‘Canes Bar & Grill supported by Burn Unit and Corn Doggy Dog. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $13. This show is open to those 16 and up.

Friday 4/19/02

Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe will be at the Belly Up Tavern. The San Diego saxophonist has shown off some straight-forward jazz tunes in his solo work. Denson has expanded his world with his band Tiny Universe, which incorporates longer jams and more electronic influences. Their show starts at 9:15 p.m.; there is a second show Saturday at 9:15 p.m. All tickets are $20.

Satuday 4/20/02

Stoney Baloney at Porter’s Pub will feature live music from Abstract Logic and DJs spinning hip-hop. The event is free and it starts at 8 p.m. The event is organized by B.O.A.R.D. and sponsered in part by A.S. Council.

After a successful concert at RIMAC Arena last Fall, Incubus returns to San Diego. This time the band will be at Cox Arena on the SDSU campus. Tickets are $25 and the show starts at 8 p.m.

Wednesday 4/24/02

Former bass player of Primus, Les Claypool will be at 4th & B. Colonel Les Claypool’s Fearless Flying Frog Brigade provides an experimental spin to tunes from King Crimson and Pink Floyd. Although this isn’t quite Sgt. Pepper and his Lonely Hearts Club band, Claypool should still prove to be entertaining. Tickets are $20 and the show starts at 8 p.m.

Dishwalla headlined UCSD’s Sun God festival last year. Now they’re headlining the Belly Up Tavern. Their hit, “”Counting Blue Cars,”” was a popular staple of alt-rock stations across the country many years ago. Tickets are $10 and the show starts at 8:30 p.m.

$2515
    $5000